Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'M BACK

This has been a difficult three month period of time. Surgery led the way. My recovery from this occasion of cutting has been more bothersome for me personally than was triple by-pass twenty two years ago. Major construction in our back yard continued the trend. Mud, men and mess were the order of the day for weeks and so continued the days of difficulty.

The death of my ninety year old mother on the 4th of October began a three week period of family ministry for all of us that continues to this day. While it was a joy to celebrate her home going for a number of reasons, not the least of which was her bad health coupled with a sharp mind to the end which made for her having tears daily wondering why her Lord hadn't taken her home during the night, there is still the void faced and the emptied emotional capacity that always follows the death of a loved one. But His Grace is sufficient for it all and we have found that to be specifically true in these difficult days.

All of that to simply say...I haven't been around the blog world for a while. I haven't wanted to be around. It may even be...that I wasn't missed, but, be that as it may, you're stuck with me being back. :)

Seriously, I am ready [I think] to try to put some thoughts in print. We shall see. This is just fair warning. [You can tell I'm trying to be light about it all. It's been heavy for a while and, while that's OK, I'm ready for some lightness.] So a post will be forth coming that will assist in the clearing of the fog in my brain. Maybe even this week-end.

I must say, however, I "read" much....just have not "said "much. That's about to change. Fair warning as I indicated.

Paul B.

7 comments:

Bob Cleveland said...

Paul,

Let'er rip, brother. I can hardly wait.

In the meantime, I'm just glad you're back!

Incidentally, is the "meantime" a time in which we're supposed to be mean? Hmm ... never noticed that before.

Live and learn.

Paul Burleson said...

Bob,

Were you to ask those close around me these past few months I'll bet they would say I've made good use of my "meantime" with your definition. That's good. :)

Anonymous said...

Paul,
Welcome back. Words never express the hurting one feels on the death of a loved one. My Father has been dead 25 years and it still seems like yesterday. I miss him.
Take a trip.....to Montana.
Glad you're back..and like Bob...Let 'er Rip.
Ken Colson
Montana

Paul Burleson said...

Ken,

You are so right. My mother was buried beside my dad on October 8 2008 and my dad had died on October 9 1971. The events were separated by 37 years and one day and the emotions were still there for both.

What is just as amazing was the fact that our memories of what happened family wise over fifty years ago were not all that good for the most part as they married when mom was 14 years old and dad was 17. He was already a confirmed alcoholic and the following years evidenced that for the most part. She was orphaned at one and a half years of age and having married at 14 she obviously missed her own childhood. With four children by the time she was 23 she missed out on any parenthood abilities as you can imagine, as did he.

THEN..the Grace of God intervened. She became a believer and my dad was led to the Lord a few years prior to his death by my brother-in-law.

Their children/grandchildren produced eleven preachers and missionaries [I hope that's a grace thing and not a curse thing.] :)

In fact, her service was a family affair with no sermon and the music, testimonies, poetry, and such things done by her children and grandchildren only. It really was a celebration of the grace of God in our family specifically and in her life personally as she wound up being quite a writer of poetry, stories and a prayer warrior on all of our behalf.

We looked at the good the bad and the real and celebrated the Grace of God in a wonderful way. She planned the way it was to be done. We honored that. In doing so we honored her and her Lord in it all.

Rev R Marszalek said...

Welcome back - I'll be glad to read your thoughts again.
God bless
Rachel at Re vis.e Re form

Paul Burleson said...

Rachel,

Thanks. I've just completed my next post about "what would Jesus do?" in our present election. I think it may show again that I'm from a different planet than many. I'll post it in a couple of days. It's kinda fun being back. Thanks again for stopping by.

Aussie John said...

Paul,

This old bloke from Down-Under is very pleased to see you back. You have been missed.

Unaware of what was occuring, I was concerned, but now I know, my thoughts are with you.